[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jul 3 07:38:34 EDT 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> for the sake of spreading this caveat, it does seem like the open source
> driver for wifi in the WRT1200AC isn't in very good shape. It works, but
> it's very slow, speeds vary depending on what kind of client I connect
> with, and the latency is horrible even with fq_codel or cake enabled on
> it.

I have now done some more testing, and it seems it was my compiles that
must have screwed something up. With the OpenWrt CC RC2 kernel, I get 100+
of megabits/s of throughput even with my USB3 AC1300 dongle. Notice, I am
not sure the port I have on my laptop is USB3, so it might very well be
limited by the USB(2) bus.

Here is my usual test suite run on the OpenWrt CC RC2 kernel, fq_codel at
ubuntu 15.04 client and on the WRT1200AC.

http://swm.pp.se/aqm/rrul_usb1300-150703.tar

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se