[Cerowrt-devel] I have a Lantiq ADSL modem under OpenWRT; Willing to test cake

Fred Stratton fredstratton at imap.cc
Sun Jul 12 16:26:52 EDT 2015

As someone on the periphery, I congratulate you in getting the TP-Link
device flashed via a serial port. I bricked one, and moved to the
Buffalo WMBR-HP-G300H, which has 32MB of faster flash.

Barrier Breaker is a very stable release for Lantiq devices. I had 120
days uptime, and few retrains.

Cake requires a later kernel than Barrier Breaker, so you would need to
reflash a device with 8MB flash over a serial link with a less stable
build of Chaos Calmer.

If you intend to try cake, I suggest a device such as the one I mention
would give you a quieter life. It is freely available in Europe: I do
not know about the US.

I remember there being very little free flash on the TP-Link, as you say.