[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [tsvwg] draft-ietf-tsvwg-rtcweb-qos-04: How many DSCPs?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Jul 18 07:41:17 EDT 2015

I agree, that's why I have suggested they use CS0 and have new DSCP
patterns (not currently standardized) and use 000xx0 where xx discerns
different priority, one being scavanger, one being slightly higher BE (BE+
perhaps) and then one could assure the BE+ got 60% of the bw, BE got 30%,
and BE- (the scavanger class) wasn't assured more than 10% of the bw.

This would have higher chance of being incrementally deployable than any
of the below suggestions.