[Cerowrt-devel] "Lupin undeclared"?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 08:48:56 EDT 2015

"lupin undeclared" is a build I managed to deploy at the campground
campus to about 8 of the 30 or so routers, including a few critical
paths. So far it is working spectacularly well in deployment there -
no forced reboots, aps, routing, dnssec, source specific stuff,
minstrel-blues, minstrel-variance... even cake.

root at pool2:~# uptime

 05:40:49 up 14 days, 22 min,  load average: 0.15, 0.07, 0.05

But I chickened out on dragging ipv6 to the pool. (5 hops)

Anyway cake is working as well as it can on wifi, running on a
picostation, I do not see any memory growth, it drops and marks...

http://pastebin.com/wbcXuNFM

qdisc cake 8004: root refcnt 5 unlimited diffserv4 flows raw
 Sent 107577100738 bytes 79678911 pkt (dropped 152068, overlimits 0
requeues 757808)
 backlog 0b 0p requeues 757808

and I guess we have to improve the statistics generated by tc to use
"k" and "m" to keep the cake columns aligned.

I am keeping detailed statistics on this portion of the network while
I am away and trying to design more.

I certainly did not intend for others to try these builds all that much.

My goal in life for the lupin build was to have something that did not
crash. Ever. It is a pita to climb trees and reflash the firmware
where these core wifi routers are placed.

It is kind of my hope to get out a new build during battlemesh or
shortly thereafter, but I plan to stick with this one for battlemesh.
Would like to sink some time into the ac1200...