[Cerowrt-devel] some very promising hardware in the pipeline

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:10:57 EDT 2015

see: https://lite.turris.cz/en/

As this is basically the same chipset as the linksys we are having
successes with... AND it has several mini-pcie slots, making it
possible to
experiment with wifi... and the turris folk are more clued than anyone
I've met of late... I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, we have a
platform to base another cerowrt-like project on. That said, their
existing openwrt derived OS could maybe, merely, need a few tweaks,
here and there - they do remote updates! yea!

* CPU Marvell Armada 385, dual core, 1.6 GHz
* 1 GB DDR3L RAM
* 2-4 GB eMMC + 8 MB NOR flash
* gigabit WAN - dedicated interface in the CPU, switchable between RJ45
and SFP (possibility of 2.5 Gbps, not tested)
* 5x gigabit LAN (7 port switch Marvell connected with two gigabit lines
into the processor)
* 3x miniPCIe, one switchable to mSATA
* optional wifi 2x2 MIMO b/g/n + 2x2 or 3x3 MIMO a/n/ac
* 2x USB 3.0
* RTC with battery backup
* SIM card slot
* dimmable RGB LED

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast