[Cerowrt-devel] libmusl woes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:59:32 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:47 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am not sure how (or even if I should) to switch back to uclibc,

The bigger question is: is openwrt's future direction musl? I don't
mind switching, but would prefer to switch in the right direction.

> Advanced configuration options (for developers) -> Toolchain Options ->
> C library implementation. Trunk builds fine with uClibc as far as I can
> tell...

make dirclean helped clean up the mess. Going to try both uclibc and
musl build again. (really did want to "see" what an linksys 1900ac
did... did not anticipate it being so hard)

> Tried fixing tinc, but it appears to be a clash within the header files
> with no solution forthcoming. See
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2012/10/11/4
>
> This script seems to fix it by modifying the Linux headers, but figure
> that is not feasible for an openwrt package recipe...
> https://github.com/lancethepants/tinc-arm-musl-static/blob/master/tinc.sh#L148
>
> -Toke

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast