[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jun 24 07:31:15 EDT 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> As Dave said it would be nice see RRUL data from the same testbed. It
> would be so nice if flint had a way to send different sized TCP packets…
> (I guess this might be faked with MSS clamping in the router and
> relaying on path MTU discovery?)

What kind of tests should I run? I have rrul results now, both at the same
time as running iperf3. I set iperf3 to run with 10 parallel streams,
different MSS per test, and let it run for 30 seconds into the rrul test.
So in all the tests, iperf3 session stops running half way into the rrul
test.

I set sqm to 500M up and down on eth0, ECN up and down, and not to squash
DSCP in any direction.

http://swm.pp.se/aqm/rrul-wrt1200ac-150624.pdf

Tell me if there is more information I can provide or tests to run.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se