[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:53:52 EDT 2015

Here's a long-range (indoors) test result with the 1900AC.  I have about
9dB snr at the client (all the way across my house, which has plaster
walls):

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/737736

download buffering is the 1900ac, upload buffering is the mac laptop's
driver.  Both are trying too hard to deliver those packets, I think.

The driver has crazy over-buffering in the face of poor signal conditions.
OTOH, I'm amazed at the throughput numbers.  But this is an 80Mhz wide 5Ghz
channel, in a quiet environment, so it has LOTS of airspace to work in.

-Aaron