[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jun 26 03:12:37 EDT 2015

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

> on your host, server, or switch. (you have pfifo_fast on your host) Try
> fq_codel on host and server (and/or sch_fq) and see what happens.
> Disable tso/gro/gso on your server/host also. That leaves the switch
> which I have no insight into. What switch chip is it? (see
> /etc/config/network) - on the cerowrt project we got less buffering out
> of the switch by enabling jumbo frames.

So the complete physical setup is:

This means there are multiple places buffering can occur, that doesn't
have fq_codel.

I can't tell what switch chip is being used, it's not on
http://techinfodepot.info/wiki/Linksys_WRT1200AC and I don't know where to
look to find it. In /etc/config/network there is just br-lan and eth0 and
eth1.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se