[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jun 26 10:49:27 EDT 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Btw, I tried WNDR3800 setting it to 100/100 SQM. It seems to max out
> around 25-30k PPS, but the difference is that when the CPU is full, it
> seems to delay/ECN-mark packets because there are no packets lost. When
> the WRT1200AC runs out of CPU it starts dropping packets. I always have
> 0 packets lost with the WNDR3800 when doing iperf3 testing. I found this
> difference interesting, wonder where in the forwarding path the
> WRT1200AC loses packets?

I checked again, and my WDR4900 with same setup doesn't lose packets
either. Even at 99% sirq, no packets are lost.

WRT1200AC starts to lose packets at 500 megabit/s SQM around MSS 300 and
lower. If I turn off gso, tso and gro, I have to go to MSS 600 and above
to avoid packet loss.

Does flent check for packet loss at all? Perhaps it's something to look
into, because with ECN we really don't want to see any packets lost and
this might be good to include test results for.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se