[Cerowrt-devel] Any chance for the LUCI GUI for cake appearing?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:48:26 EDT 2015

It turns out that I am pulling from openwrt for luci-app-sqm, not
ceropackages, and overriding it was a headache. Fixed now, see below

router# cd /tmp; wget
http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero3/luci-app-sqm_3-5_all.ipk ;
opkg install ./luci-app-sqm_3-5_all.ipk
router # /etc/init.d/uhttpd restart

if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces, but it worked for me, and
yea! cake in the gui! thx sebastian!

I tried -

./scripts feeds uninstall luci-app-sqm; ./scripts feeds install -p
cero luci-app-sqm # seemed sane, did not work
git rm in the feed itself did not work
doing the uninstall, deleting the symlink, and the git rm, nuking the
bin/ar71xx/packages/packages/luci-app-sqm*
and doing a complete rebuild... eventually did work... but strikes me
as a bit more brute force than I wanted.

I am not in a position (aformentioned build is my specialized for
pico/nano build at the moment) to update the packages db,
but I stuck up the correct new package... which you can install via

Apologies for the confusion, I simply figured that the -p option would
work, and never checked.

I also note that I think I am building things compile tuned for the
archer mips34c, rather thanthe wndr3800´s 24c. However I kept the
unaligned access hacks (not needed on the 34c derived archer, but
needed on the 24c wndr3800)

Sigh.

maintaining 3 separate trees for the platforms we sort of support is a
PITA. Then adding in something that can mesh by default on 2 others.
and then trying to get anything to compile for another arch entirely
and failing...