[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 28 14:55:09 EDT 2015

Hi Dave, hi List,

On Jun 28, 2015, at 20:04 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> htb + cake is the wrong configuration. :)

	“Wrong” might be a bit hard, but certainly not the preferred solution. During my tests on your box simple.qos resulted in the following:
root at davedesk2:/usr/lib/sqm# tc -d qdisc
qdisc fq_codel 0: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 limit 1024p flows 1024 quantum 300 target 5.0ms interval 100.0ms ecn
qdisc cake 8030: dev eth1 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 4500Kbit diffserv4 flows raw
qdisc ingress ffff: dev eth1 parent ffff:fff1 ----------------
qdisc cake 8031: dev ifb4eth1 root refcnt 2 bandwidth 45Mbit besteffort flows atm overhead 0
qdisc bfifo 800b: dev wlan1 root refcnt 5 limit 16Kb
qdisc cake 8008: dev wlan0 root refcnt 5 unlimited diffserv4 flows raw

So either I mixed things up later or Mikael’s simple.qos somehow got stale. Anyway, there is work thee for me to do to fix this up properly.

Best Regards
	Sebastian