[Cerowrt-devel] some reference numbers for cake performance on x86_64

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:42:48 EDT 2015

This is a set of two hop (client-server through switch) results, with
sch_fq on the nuc client, and cake on the rangeley (ranger) server.

Since we seem to be aiming for sane results from the mvneta, at speeds
at 500mbit...

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~d/k500/

Do note that this is a live system with other traffic so it is noisy data.

Of note, in looking at this dataset in comparison to mikaels, is that
he only got 360mbit bidirectional on rrul_be - where I get full
throughput. admittedly he seemed to be running using htb as the rate
limiter. Being off by *20%* from the set setting (after subtracting
acks) of 500 mbit however, seems to be an issue.

I will setup another box to do client - router -server this week.

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast