[Cerowrt-devel] Bufferbloat related censorship at Virgin Media

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sun Mar 1 18:47:11 EST 2015

Dave,

I appreciate all your work on buffer bloat. It looks like you have done quite a lot of selfless contribution. However, I don't think you're effectively communicating with the people who can change things.

After I read what you said, here is what I would have heard as a service provider:

"I am the smartest person in the room. You better listen to me, because if you don't there will be trouble. But you probably won't because you're too stupid. Your customers suffer because you are idiots. Listen to me! This issue is too important for me to be polite, or even coherent. If you can't figure out what I'm saying, do some research and figure it out! Plus, apologize to me! I demand it!"

Bees, honey, vinegar, etc.

 -mel beckman