[Cerowrt-devel] [Commotion-dev] QoS/packet reordering

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Mar 31 11:16:49 EDT 2015

I'm not sure what's available in Attitude Adjustment, but I worked with some folks to set up QoS on a network running Barrier Breaker recently, using the built-in QoS web user interface, and it turned out quite successful. There was a gateway WDR4300 that had two separate VLANs, one of which needed to get priority for its traffic. The switch on the WDR4300 was split between the two VLANS, each of which had a wireless access point connected to it via ethernet.

We ran iperf on both VLANs simultaneously, connecting to our server on the internet, and the priority VLAN was able to push substantially more traffic.

Dan