[Cerowrt-devel] esr and sugarland: trying to remember the times when cerowrt was fun

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:52:55 EST 2015

> I did my best to put into play in the cerowrt and bufferbloat projects
> the 19 ideas he long ago laid out here, after discussing the hows,
> whys, and wheres with him.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar
>
> I could write pages upon pages on how each of those rules applied and
> worked out for us here.

Actually, a homework assignment for anyone that wants to write something up
would be to pick one of those rules and describe how it applied (or
not) to what we
did here. What has worked? What didn't? What can we do better this time?

> There were many other lessons in the books, two lessons in particular,
> not covered in the above link, and I can't remember which book the
> were in, but basically they were: "The best people don't work for
> you", and that a GREAT business model for the use of open source was
> that "being open and collaborative gets things done faster - and thus
> you win - BIG - on time to market. Time to market can mean
> *everything*. "

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb