[Cerowrt-devel] DOCSIS 3+ recommendation?

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Thu Mar 19 09:53:54 EDT 2015

How many years has it been since Comcast said they were going to fix bufferbloat in their network within a year?

And LTE operators haven't even started.

THat's a sign that the two dominant sectors of "Internet Access" business are refusing to support quality Internet service. (the old saying about monopoly AT&T: "we don't care. we don't have to." applies to these sectors).

Have fun avoiding bufferbloat in places where there is no "home router" you can put fq_codel into.

It's almost as if the cable companies don't want OTT video or simultaneous FTP and interactive gaming to work. Of course not. They'd never do that.