[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] DOCSIS 3+ recommendation?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Mar 20 14:04:40 EDT 2015

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:08:27 -0700, "David P. Reed" said:

> M-Lab is better by far. But control by Google automatically discredits it's data.

> Criticizing M-LAB is just fodder fir the operators' lobby in DC.

I'm trying to get those two statements to play nice together, but keep having
to beat down the cognitive dissonance with a stick.

And why, exactly, are they automatically discredited?  Unless you live in one
of the very few places that has Google Fiber, you're someplace where Google
has a vested interest in improving the eyeball-to-content connection, because
they want to get content to you.