[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] some notes on the archer c7v2's suitability for make-wifi-fast

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:30:16 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> I took the archer c7v2 out for a set of test runs over the weekend.
>
> Is there a build out there for those of us who a) own an Archer c7v2 and b) are crazy enough could try out? Or should we hold off for a while? Thanks.

My test builds are here:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero3/ubnt/ar71xx/

primarily targetted at being able to deploy the picostation and
nanostation stuff on the core of my backbone - it happens to be
building for a lot of stuff, but not (notably) the wndr4300 which is
another low-end candidate. I can start building that too...

But as for these releases: Keep them away from your SO and children's
internet access paths please!!!

My intent at the moment is to update the whole backbone I have to
something with the latest dnsmasq ( presently 2.73rc1) and babel-1.6
when it stablizes AND find a router along the way for
make-wifi-fast.... I still have routers in my deployment running
3.7.4....

this is going to take many weekends. Hal came by to help last weekend,
we got 2 new routers up that are working pretty well, 20 to go....
more yurtlab visitors welcomed!

> Rich

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb