[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7 v2, policing, hostapd, test openwrt build

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 02:17:13 EDT 2015

> On 29 Mar, 2015, at 04:14, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I do not think my measurements show that ingress handling via IFB is that costly (< 5% bandwidth), that avoiding it will help much.

> Also the current diffserv implementation also costs around 5% bandwidth.

That’s useful information.  I may be able to calibrate that against similar tests on other hardware.

But presumably, if you remove the ingress shaping completely, it can then handle full line rate downstream?  What’s the comparable overhead figure for that?  You see, if we were to use a policer instead of ingress shaping, we’d not only be getting IFB and ingress Diffserv mangling out of the way, but HTB as well.

 - Jonathan Morton