[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [IP] To keep a Boeing Dreamliner flying, reboot once every 248 days A software bug again

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:29:17 EDT 2015

Linux is ALSO in critical infrastructure in this airplane?

There was a time when I would have been thrilled by this...

... but these days it makes me more inclined to take trains, or stay
home, with my wemo lightbulbs disabled.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2015 10:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
> David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>
>> The kernel starts the clock at -some hours so that it hits a wrap-around not
>> that long after startup.
>>
>> David Lang
>
> That went in in 2.5 development cycle. I wouldn't be have surprised if Boeing
> was using 2.4 kernel given the length of development time for a flight chassis.

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67