[Cerowrt-devel] Replacing CeroWrt with OpenWrt - Routing

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:19:01 EDT 2015

I am working to restore the functionality of my CeroWrt 3.10.50-1 router with an OpenWrt BB image.

Things are going pretty well, but I have run into a problem. In the past, I frequently used two CeroWrt routers at my home: one was my primary, and connected via PPPoE to my DSL link; the other was the secondary, and used DHCP on ge00 to get an address from the LAN side of the primary router.

My memory is that everything worked fine - I could connect to either router's wifi, and get to things that were on the other router's Wifi. (Bonjour/mDNS naming for example).

With OpenWrt as my primary router and CeroWrt as the secondary, I am able to connect to the CeroWrt wifi and get anywhere - either the OpenWrt subnets or to the Internet.

But connecting to the OpenWrt wifi, I cannot ping or telnet to any addresses on the CeroWrt... What am I missing? (This is probably not a deep question: I really don't understand linux routing configuration...)

Many thanks,

Rich