[Cerowrt-devel] Replacing CeroWrt with OpenWrt - Routing

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Wed May 13 05:01:13 EDT 2015

On 13/05/15 09:07, Alan Jenkins wrote:
> On 13/05/15 02:19, Rich Brown wrote:
>>

>> But connecting to the OpenWrt wifi, I cannot ping or telnet to any
>> addresses on the CeroWrt... What am I missing? (This is probably not
>> a deep question: I really don't understand linux routing
>> configuration...)

For reference/interest: The default CeroWrt numbering is here
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Default_network_numbering
which may help explain how things used to work :-)

I'm currently away on 'holiday' down at my parents house otherwise could
help/concentrate more.  As an aside, evidently the house is on the end
of a very long piece of wet string known as a telephone line, actually I
must be in space judging by the 6 seconds(!) of bufferbloat.  I brought
an ancient Netgear DGN3500 with me for them (has integrated ADSL modem
otherwise things get messy cabling wise otherwise it'd be a TP-Link
Archer C7) running OpenWrt CC r45669 with 'Cake' rammed into it (in a
slightly more elegant way since we last typed Dave H/T :-)

This has enabled me to relocate back to planet earth and pointed out
some strange ADSL rate behaviour (which mysteriously fixed itself at
6am)  Still can't get over the 6 seconds of bufferbloat, latency is now
under some sort of control down to spikes of 120mS ish - needs more
fiddling.  No wonder facetime calls were problematic though.

Kevin D-B