[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 24 13:21:08 EDT 2015

Hi Dave,

On Oct 24, 2015, at 12:20 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thought is that this hardware agressively does GRO - 64k
> "packets"really messes up htb. We already showed that problem in the
> previous generation.

	Good point. To disable the offloads one needs to disable offloads for all interfaces. The following shell function should do the trick, just run it for all interfaces:

eth_setup() {
    ethtool -K $IFACE gso off
    ethtool -K $IFACE tso off
    ethtool -K $IFACE ufo off
    ethtool -K $IFACE gro off

    if [ -e /sys/class/net/$IFACE/queues/tx-0/byte_queue_limits ]
    then
       for i in /sys/class/net/$IFACE/queues/tx-*/byte_queue_limits
       do
          echo $(( 4 * $( get_mtu ${IFACE} ) )) > $i/limit_max
       done
    fi
}

Save this into a shell file, say my_func.sh, source it from the router’s shell “. ./my_func.sh”, and call “IFACE=eth0 eth_setup” for all interfaces to tackle. I guess we should expose this under luci-app-sqm in a nicer fashion.

But since cerowrt automatically disabled all off-loads and Richard saw his issues also with cerowrt, I am not sure whether this is his issue…

Best Regards
	Sebastian