[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm (solved)

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:44:10 EDT 2015

On 10/25/2015 05:50 PM, Jonathan Morton wrote:

>> On 25 Oct, 2015, at 18:07, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> If I forgot to turn off WiFi then I'm completely bypassing the DUT
>> and testing my WiFi network instead. "This is not the network you
>> are looking for."
>
> Yet another great argument for having proper blinkenlights on
> technical equipment - even at the consumer level.  By watching the
> lights, you might have noticed sooner that traffic wasn’t going the
> way you expected.

Funny you should say that..  The blinking lights, or lack thereof, was
the major clue that led to figuring it out.

While running one of the tests on the 3700 I happened to be staring at
the router and noticed that the lights were not blinking as expected.
"It's like there's no traffic...Oh crap, no way... " /me Facepalms.

--
Richard A. Smith