[Cerowrt-devel] Save WiFi from the FCC - DEADLINE is in 3 days *September* 8

Fred Stratton fredstratton at imap.cc
Sun Sep 6 05:57:37 EDT 2015

Apropos the EU Directive.

It might be useful if others read this freely available document.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:32014L0053

Having read the German article stating that DD-WRT was at risk, I can
find no reference to that in the Directive.

In the preamble

'(19)
Verification by radio equipment of the compliance of its combination
with software should not be abused in order to prevent its use with
software provided by independent parties. The availability to public
authorities, manufacturers and users of information on the compliance of
intended combinations of radio equipment and software should contribute
to facilitate competition. '

Others need to read this.