[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] RE : Save WiFi from the FCC - DEADLINE is in 3 days *September* 8

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Sep 8 04:22:46 EDT 2015

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

> wifi, and the carriers... which bugs me. 5.x ghz is the people's
> spectrum, that we should be free to use any way we want... and to make

Well, in the US at least, corporations are people, so...

But that aside, I don't know if there is anything that can be done really,
unlicensed is unlicensed and if it's not free for everybody to use, what
is it?

Also, isn't it pretty much the same players in wifi and LTE space,
Qualcomm, Broadcom and the others, they're in both spaces and I don't see
what they have to gain to make wifi worse?

And 802.11 isn't really open either, and the unlicensed spectrum still
requires that devices are approved to be operated there, right, so if FCC
and the likes do their job properly then these technologies should
work together at least on the RF level?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se