[Cerowrt-devel] Linksys wrt1900acs rrul traces

John Yates john at yates-sheets.org
Fri Apr 8 09:55:21 EDT 2016

Sebastian,

Recently you wrote:

In your case select Ethernet with overhead, and manually put 24 into these
> packet overhead field, as the kernel already accounted for 14 of the total
> of 38.

and further down:

> I assume in your case this will not change your results a lot, as you most
> likely used full MTU packets in the test flows, I believe your low latency
> under load increases show that you have not much buffer bloat left... I
> would still recommend to use the correct per packet overhead to be on the
> right side...

As a layman hoping to use some of this great technology on my forth coming
Omni Turris boxes how am I supposed to derive these numbers?  Is there a
simple series of questions and answers that could figure them out?  Could
those be turned into some kind of "wizard"?  Otherwise how do you expect
large numbers of users to get their systems properly configured?  Surely
you do not want to engage in an email thread with each user who even
attempts such configuration :-)

/john