[Cerowrt-devel] using a usb3 hub as a hackerboard power switch?

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:25:44 EDT 2016

Most USB hub chips I've seen don't have individual lines per-port.  Instead
they monitor the +5VDC rail for powering all USB devices, and grant
requests to use power based on a configured power budget (how many amps the
supply can push).

To hack it, I'd use a Pi with it's relay modules and cut the traces to the
port, and then splice in a relay from the module (normally closed side of
the relay).  Then when you need to power-cycle, tell the Pi to cycle output
X.

-Aaron