[Cerowrt-devel] [Babel-users] perverse powersave bug with sta/ap mode

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Apr 28 09:32:52 EDT 2016

> Well, at least one ( probably several) of the devices I have in the
> new lab has *very aggressive* power save, to where babel ipv6
> multicast traffic either doesn't sync up to the AP's request for
> multicast (or the sta's), or it is merely completely suppressed by the
> stack. (or lost due to a bug!)...

Ok, that would explain why babeld is not falling over correctly -- since
Hellos are being lost by the power management algorithm, the link quality
of the redundant link is very low, so we only fall over when the currently
used link has timed out rather than when its link quality has fallen below
a given level.

I'm still thinking it over, but right now I'm thinking that I'm not going
to work around this kind of damange at the babeld level.

-- Juliusz