[Cerowrt-devel] Multicast IHUs

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Apr 28 14:46:23 EDT 2016

>> No need to duck, Dave, it's very similar to what was done with UDP-Lite,

> Hmm.. In babel's case, switching it to udp-lite would be like 1 line
> of code.

I'm not suggesting that Babel should use UDP-Lite, it would be a silly
idea.  I'm just saying that your « don't buffer this » DSCP codepoint is
similar to the UDP-Lite « don't checksum this » codepoint, so I don't see
why it couldn't be made into a standard.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised
if .11e already mandated something like that.

-- Juliusz