[Cerowrt-devel] [Make-wifi-fast] wifi airtime fairness patches could use eyeballs and testing

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Aug 10 16:06:39 EDT 2016

On 10 August 2016 21:35:40 CEST, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>Wow, that *is* weird. It is good to see the tcp window changing on
>this set of data (it wasn't before), and CWRs, but... hmmm... SCIENCE.
>
>Enabling ecn on both sides will rule out some potential bugs.

Yeah, couldn't get ecn to work on the host I was using as the other endpoint on that test. Will try with another box that's not on quite as ancient a kernel.  Was also planning to disable codel (by setting a very high target) to try to narrow down the problem.

>Doubling the quantum again (3028) will go easier on the other side's
>tcp stack. (unless 3028 is the wrong number at this layer)

The endpoints have plenty of CPU.

>Are you thinking timestamps are being scribbled on?

Not necessarily; that was related to something else...

-Toke