[Cerowrt-devel] flent testers wanted prior to next release

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Tue Dec 20 15:20:53 EST 2016

My biggest bug bear is that reliance on netperf/netserver with -DEMO mode
compilation time flag breaks compilation on recent RHEL and Fedora boxes
due to recent GCC incompatibilities.

Also the range of tests requiring fairly complex setup of external tools
which rely on java (DTG-ITG) etc also causes a bit of a headache to get a
full functional test bench up and running.

I have been attempting to introduce it as a test tool in corp/teclo
environments dominated by IXIA - but guess what Distro's are run in these
predominantly.

The only path to getting running on fedora is containers. There is a Docker
netperf and I did start down the road of dockerising flent, but don't have
a nice way of dealing with the GUI aspect.

-Joel