[Cerowrt-devel] AREDN and Make Wifi Fast

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:36:46 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 09:44:37 -0800
> Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:
>
>> Email lists themselves seem to have become passe' - the "discourse"
>> engine seems like a good idea - but I LIKE email.
>>
>> I also tend to prefer store and forward chat systems like jabber, but
>> again, irc (+bitlebee or znc) is how the world seems to work.

yea, back on irc today. It turns out I missed it.

> Apparently, all the cool kids have switched to using Slack.
> It is free, but proprietary.

I did not like the centralization on bitkeeper back in the day, I am
increasingly disturbed at github, I hate that there is not an easy tie
from emacs to g+, and as much as I hate running my own infrastructure
(upgrading redmine is a pita), am back to wanting sources for
everything I have to integrate with, and trying to find fully
decentralized solutions.

>From a commenting system perspective this looked decent:

https://posativ.org/isso/

I am looking over gitlab this weekend. Still too many moving parts.

I deployed tinc 1.1 across much of my infrastructure last week.