[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7v2 gets third party unupgradable firmware

Eric Johansson esj at eggo.org
Sun Feb 14 16:25:02 EST 2016

wdr3600 will soon be on the can't upgrade list. The first one I bought I
made the mistake of following the open WRT instructions to upgrade to
the current firmware which contained a lockout code. Working with with
folks on the WRT IRC channel I was able to produce a flash image which
had the image preamble that made it possible to bypass the lockout image
and install openwrt.

The preamble was something like 207 bytes long but don't quote me on the
exact length. I think I still have it somewhere on my Linux partition if
you are interested.