[Cerowrt-devel] routers you can throw off the back of a truck

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 03:30:28 EST 2016

> On 18 Jan, 2016, at 02:45, Valent Turkovic <valent at otvorenamreza.org> wrote:
>
> Is there anyway to configure any queuing technique in Linux kernel
> that so it distributes bandwidth equally between users and to keep lag
> (bufferbloat) as low as possible, but without needing to define
> absolute values for download and upload.

Recent versions of Cake have an “autorate_ingress” flag, which can track capacity when deployed on the downstream end of the link.  I use it myself to assist with 3G, where downlink quality and contention vary frequently.

I haven’t yet found a robust way to automatically sense link capacity from the upstream side.  You’ll therefore need to set a conservative static value for the uplink capacity.

 - Jonathan Morton