[Cerowrt-devel] better service discovery

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Tue Jan 26 18:46:57 EST 2016

There's a paper from Cambridge University that focuses on evaluating Raft.  In particular they have some key findings about performance tuning, plus discovering some potential livelocks.

I'm interested in Consul on a planet-wide scale - not sure it scales effectively but if it or something like it can be made to, I have a really revolutionary use for it that I've been exploring.  So I will be playing with it - like to see if it can survive attacks in a non-friendly environment (not a datacenter) as well.

I don't know of any projects that would have experience with it in production, at least not yet.