[Cerowrt-devel] [Cake] conntrack and ipv6

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Jul 2 09:00:24 EDT 2016

Hi Dave,

> On Jul 2, 2016, at 14:47 , Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:
>
> It is generally my hope that ipv6 nat will not be widely deployed.
>
> Firewalls will be stateful instead, and thus there would be no need to
> access the conntrack information for ipv6 in cake.

	I would hope that IPv6 NAT would not re-map ports but instead simply “hide” stuff behind the prefix, so internal hosts would still be differentiated by the remaining 64bits (since individual hosts are supposed to use multiple IPv6 addresses I would be amazed if IPv6NAT would hide behind a /128…). The bigger fairness issue is that individual host can use basically as many IPs as they want and per-IP fairness will not be the right thing anymore anf then all we can use is per-MAC, so no internal routers permitted anymore…