[Cerowrt-devel] trying to make sense of what switch vendors say wrt buffer bloat

Eric Johansson esj at eggo.org
Tue Jun 7 13:51:00 EDT 2016

On 6/6/2016 10:58 PM, dpreed at reed.com wrote:

> Even better, it would be fun to get access to an Arista switch and
> some high performance TCP sources and sinks, and demonstrate extreme
> bufferbloat compared to a small-buffer switch.  Just a demo, not a
> simulation full of assumptions and guesses.

I'm in the middle of a server room/company move.  I can make a available
a  XSM4348S NETGEAR M4300-24X24F, and probably an arista 7050T-52 for a
short time frame as part of my "testing".  tell me what you need for a
test setup, give me a script I can run and where I should send the
results.  I really need a cut and paste test because I have no time to
think about anything more than the move.

thanks.