[Cerowrt-devel] [LEDE-DEV] WRT1900ACS Testing

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:54:58 EDT 2016

On 05/20/2016 05:16 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> We had found some pretty major performance problems on this hardware
> as of a few months ago. I am curious if they still exist? A whole
> bunch of benchmarks went by on the cerowrt-devel list, also.

Sorry I'm late on a response.  I've been buried with work lately and
haven't been paying much attention to mailing lists.

> They were:
>
> 1) broken local ethernet network stack - running 4 copies of netperf
> against it - one would grab all the bandwidth and the other three
> barely even start or hang completely.

I confirmed your behavior on the 1900ACS using OpenWRT.  I opted for
flent rrul_be and rrul tests rather than multiple netperfs though.

I'm happy to rejigger my build to be LEDE, rebuild, install, and run the
test again.

> 2) No BQL in the ethernet driver

Dunno about this one.

> 3) Wifi was horribly overbuffered in general
> 4) Wifi would crash against flent's rrul test.

I certainly saw these behaviors as well but I've not run rrul against
the WiFi in quite a while and I seem to remember a wireless firmware
update happening since I last ran the test.

I'll re-run and see.

--
Richard A. Smith