[Cerowrt-devel] more well funded attempts showing market demand for better wifi

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:18:54 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalwifi/portal-turbocharged-wifi?ref=backerkit
>
> "Portal is the first and only router specifically engineered to cut
> through and avoid congestion, delivering consistent, high-performance
> WiFi with greater coverage throughout your home.
>
> Its proprietary spectrum turbocharger technology provides access to
> 300% more of the radio airwaves than any other router, improving
> performance by as much as 300x, and range and coverage by as much as
> 2x in crowded settings, such as city homes and multi-unit apartments"
>
> It sounds like they are promising working DFS support.

It's not clear what chipset they are using (they are claiming wave2) -
but they are at least publicly claiming to be using openwrt. So I
threw in enough to order one for september, just so I could comment on
their kickstarter page. :)

I'd have loved to have got in earlier (early shipments are this month
apparently), but those were sold out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalwifi/portal-turbocharged-wifi/comments

http://blog.cerowrt.org