[Cerowrt-devel] Cross-compiling to armhf [was: beaglebone green wireless boards...]

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:42:08 EDT 2016

while I am wallowing in my formerly productive past....

That crusoe tablet I was working on in 01 and several hybrid devices
(like the predecessor to what became the nokia 770), was so close to
what I'd wanted in a handheld, just 5 years too early, and we needed
multitouch to fix the ui, and steve jobs to tackle the carriers.

I still would have preferred a world where Xwindows had got fixed
(secured), rather than everyone trying to replace it.

Still...  I'm pretty proud of what we started with the
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_A760

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerbango

and how maemo came about (not sure if I've published that story)...

And Jim's group had the unobtanium handheld...

http://bayosphere.com/2001/07/26/the-unobtainium-imagining-tomorrows-handhelds/

and *everyone* thought we were crazy. Ahhh... memories.