[Cerowrt-devel] pcengines apu2c4 hardware random number generation

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:28:06 EDT 2016

one of the few flaws in this board so far is that it does not appear
the GX-412TC in it has a hardware random number generator.

(yes, I just ran it out of random numbers)

There are ton of "hardware random number generators out there" - quite
a few fairly "cheap" ones on usb.

The board has internal usb headers, gpios, and i2c. Any other means of
generating good random numbers?

http://pcengines.ch/pdf/apu2.pdf

so I figure that there might be something even simpler out there from
the pi-ish or beaglebone world that could be repurposed to suit?

I've always wanted to have *3* hwrngs - one designed by the NSA,
another by the KGB, and one by open source folk, and to mix them
together.

http://blog.cerowrt.org