[Cerowrt-devel] pcengines apu2c4 hardware random number generation

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:54:30 EDT 2016

I was doing a bunch of long running flent tests through an ath10k card
in wpa2 mode on ubuntu and not running haveged or rng-tools going.

cat /dev/hwrng showed no hardware random number generator module
working, so I looked at the specs, didn't find one for the cpu. Have
not checked to see if the intel ethernet driver or the ath10k actually
add to the randomness pool... or apic...

watch cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail

is my idea of entertainment on a tuesday afternoon. I do see it
refilling at a reasonable rate tho, even without haveged.

I *like* hwrngs.

http://blog.cerowrt.org