[Cerowrt-devel] BBR congestion control

Erkki Lintunen ebirdie at iki.fi
Sat Sep 17 14:24:24 EDT 2016

This may already be yesterday news to list subscribers, but may there be
still be others like me missing this fascinating new entry, I'm for
rescue.

<https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/671069/>

> While it is impossible to disambiguate any single bandwidth or RTT
> measurement, a connection's behavior over time tells a clearer
> story. BBR uses a measurement strategy designed to resolve this
> ambiguity. It combines these measurements with a robust servo loop
> using recent control systems advances to implement a distributed
> congestion control algorithm that reacts to actual congestion, not
> packet loss or transient queue delay, and is designed to converge with
> high probability to a point near the optimal operating point.

Got the bit from Steinar H. Gunderson's blog,
<https://blog.sesse.net/blog/tech/2016-09-16-23-16_bbr_opensourced.html>,
where before he has shared his troubles with bufferbloat while delivering video
streams from big events of young hackers.