[Cerowrt-devel] netperf server configuration

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:09:51 EDT 2016

> Dave Täht recently wrote:
>
> I just put a netperf server up in linode's freemont, ca, cloud (kvm
> paravirtualized hardware), with sch_fq enabled, ecn disabled, and bbr
> as the default cc. (reno and cubic are also allowed)

That raises the question about the "proper" configuration for a netperf server.

I run the server at netperf.bufferbloat.net. It's a plain-vanilla OpenVZ VPS on a (Ramnode.com) server in Atlanta, running Ubuntu 15.10 server. Network config as-is, out of the box - I haven't done any tweaking.

Are there changes I might/should make? Thanks.

Rich