[Cerowrt-devel] Any comments on recent routers

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:56:57 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> Want to update my several year old netgear box, anyone know of a current
> (ie. 802.1 ac) generation hardware supported by open firmware?

The closest things we got are the archer c7v2, and I've had good
success with the higher end ubnt UAP-lites. They've become my default
AP at the moment - I've regulated the router-to-the-net duties to
something faster.

The ath9k there with airtime fairness is working out well - and there
is "thinner" firmware for the ath10k from candelatech, and some hope
that bits of what we just did for the ath9k will work there.

And in other news, this talk is going on *right now*, and I'm not
gonna read email for a while.

http://www.spacex.com/mars

http://blog.cerowrt.org