[Cerowrt-devel] quad core arm

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Mon Dec 4 18:40:51 EST 2017

On 12/03/2017 09:44 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
[snip]
> Another goal was a largely fruitless quest to find the ideal next gen
> replacement for the wndr3800. These days I'm using a AC2600 as my main
> device and waiting for the ath10k support to catch up. I used to use
> an olimex something or other for my NAS, I upgraded it to a pine64,
> which was better but crashed hard a few months ago and I've not had a
> chance to go fix it.

RE: replacing the wndr3800...
Lately I've been thinking about a different model, switching to one of
these newer multi core devices to act as a central router running
SQM/etc and _no_radios_ and then deploying lightweight ath9k APs around
the building. Maybe something like ubiquiti unifi AP (non-AC) running LEDE?
Any other good and cheap ath9k AP options?
(hard to compete with the wndr3800 now costing $25 shipped, but an AP
might have better antennas and PoE)

If/when ath10k catches up then just switch the APs out.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org