[Cerowrt-devel] fixing reboots behind comcast modems

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:46:00 EST 2017

I finally found what seems to be a fix for rebooting a
cerowrt/openwrt/lede  box behind a comcast cablemodem

I'd put "broadcast" in the uci config file, that didn't help.

After googling a bit, someone suggested adding

--retries=2 --timeout=5 --tryagain=310 to the

/lib/netifd/proto/dhcp.sh invocation...

And that worked, after a few minutes. I'm irked enough to poke at it
harder, but I'm curious if anyone here had come up with a solution?
(I'd actually always assumed it was a quirk in my particular brand of
cablemodem, but I got a new one, and it did the same thing)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/Z5CD63e5kmt

That said, I'm irked enough at it, and at how long it takes, to poke
into it harder (lots of reboots here of late), the best idea I can
think of is to have udhcpc have an option to save the last xid and ip
info to flash and always start in a renew state, using that. The
modems tend to offer a 192.x for about a minute when they boot, tho,
so I guess we'd defer writing that until it had been stable for an
hour.

http://blog.cerowrt.org