[Cerowrt-devel] solar wifi ap designs?

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Mon Jun 5 16:26:23 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:20 PM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2017, Richard Smith wrote:
>
> My WNDR 3700v2 power supply is rated at 12V 2.5A which is a peak of 30W.
>>

> don't forget that this includes providing power out to the USB port as
> well.
>
> yet another reason to measure things :-)

​USB places (placed?) multiple second ​latencies on suspend/resume as well.

This makes it really hard to do decent high speed power management on an
operating system.  Linux itself we measured on an iPAQ at 20ms latency to
suspend resume.  Then when you had a USB port, it took of order a second
(to get the best power management on OLPC we had to disable USB entirely).

Have I said how much I hate USB?
                       - Jim